original: 遥か38万キロのボヤージュ/星条旗のピエロ from: 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom
arrangement/lyrics: RD-Sounds vocals: 瑶山百霊 (Yaoshanbailing) album: MARKS OF SIN circle: Yonder Voice
Please don’t judge me too hard for my interpretation of the lyrics lol
The written and vocalised lyrics differ at many parts in this song, which creates another layer of understanding. Make sure to read the translation firstly with the sung lyrics and then with the written lyrics. (Both versions are included in this post, but I’ll add a list of the different words here:
1) Clownpiece – Colorless fairy
2) Signature – Mark
3) Place – Hometown
4) Flavor – Ira (one of the seven deadly sins; namely wrath)
5) Clownpiece – Colorless fairy
6) Knowledge – Invida (=Invidia. Another deadly sin; namely envy)
7) Pierrot – Non-colorless (or colorful; I wanted to maintain the lyric’s approach)
8) Pierrot – Non-purity (or impurity; see above)
9) Pierrot – Evil fairy (this word doesn’t actually exist)
10) Figures – Hieroglyphics
11) Thought – Spervia (=Superbia. Another deadly sin; namely pride)
Please note that Ira, Invidia and Superbia are only interpretations! I’m sure RD did some spelling mistakes with these words, but I can’t be sure of course. The title of the song (Marks of Sin) is a strong indicator my interpretation could be right though.
I’m sad because I can’t buy this single (yet). I’ll at least buy it digitally once I’m not short on money anymore though (haha)
On another note, senya sings this one in a very calm manner, but gets more emotional during the flow of the song. I enjoy that a lot.
Interpretating the lyrics was a bit difficult at times, but in the end, I’m satisfied with the translation. That is what counts, right?