1) Ihatov is a fictive place where Miyazawa Kenji’s (a Japanese author) stories and poems are set. It’s a very mysterious one. If you want to read up more info about it, take a look at this article!
2) The “untranslated” parts are written in the language of youkai, thus “we humans cannot understand it” (comment by Stack).
3) Mayohiga is a place full of cats. Its name would translate to “Stray House”. As I commented on “Destiny ~ Spring has come at last”: Blame Chen!
1) “Kirisutgomen” literally means “the privilege of a samurai to kill commoners for perceived affronts”. Thus I translated the line as “The circle of karma is under my control” since when you control the samsara, it simply means you kill people before it’s their time to die (=when you, the samurai, think they should die)
2) “Rakshasa” are man-eating demons in Hinduism and Buddhism.
3) “Shurakura” is a state in which ones heart is in complete rage and/or jealousy and the person goes crazy. “Uzumaku” can be translated to “jumble together (emotions etc.)” but I figured that it’s sufficient to keep it short like this.
4) “Mu ni kaeru” means something like “return to point zero”, so the state of a person before they were born. Since Youmu wants to return all transient realities to that point, I chose “ground zero”, which is the state the universe was in before it came into existence. This might be a bit too extreme, but since Youmu’s heart is completely eaten by rage, that’s probably really what she strives for.
小さく弱きものたちへ chiisaku yowaki mono-tachi e To the Small and Weak
original: 不思議なお祓い棒/柳の下のデュラハン/魔力の雷雲 arrangement: ねこ☆まんじゅう lyrics/vocals: Stack album: DOWN DOWN DOLL -to the beginning 07- circle: 暁Records
This is like a continuation of “Freedom Paradise”.
This translation took me literally half a year because I couldn’t gather the motivation to work on it until now. Somehow I perceived the grammar as more complicated than it actually was when transcribing the lyrics – which has been a challenge itself due to the small font.
I won’t promise anything, but since I heard from several people they love “Bloody Devotion”, I will do my best to translate it as well.
original: 故郷の星が映る海 / ピュアヒューリーズ ～心の在処郷 arrangement:Stack Bros. lyrics/vocals: Stack album: DOWN DOWN DOLL -to the beginning 07- circle: 暁Records
«Having lost her love, she became genuine hatred during the endless flow of time.
However, for how long will that hell fire continue burning, I wonder?
Will I be able to be myself when this hatred dies out?»
(1) The “wheeping image” might be of her son, so to make the lunarians feel regret for their actions.
(2) Her “reflection” might be her son again.
(3) “Psycho Lily” is most likely a pun of one of Junko’s spell cards, 「殺意の百合」 “Lilies of Murderous Intent”.
Shout out to @Violet for helping me transcribing the lyrics and giving me background information about Junko! It took me several (unproductive) weeks to finish the transcription because the booklet font is so tiny, I don’t have a scanner and especially the parts where Junko talks about her anger are really hard to understand T___T But! I finished it at last, even though my computer decided to randomly shut down during the last few lines when I didn’t safe my progress yet. 🙂
original: ラストリモート arrangement: ねこ☆まんじゅう lyrics/vocals: Stack album: DOWN DOWN DOLL -to the beginning 07- circle: 暁Records
‟Please don’t forget about me.”
My favorite track from this album. The booklet this time has a nice, clear design, but the lyrics are printed very tiny. Especially the kanji are super difficult to read, so I hope I’m able to copy everything properly…!
Koishi sealed her 3rd eye and nobody is able to love, hate or remember her.